2. MYSQL Workbench
Telnet is a protocol used on the Internet or local area network to provide a bidirectional interactive text-oriented communication facility using a virtual terminal connection. User data is interspersed in-band with Telnet control information in an 8-bit byte oriented data connection over the Transmission Control Protocol (TCP).
How to open a Telnet Connection and create your first file in the Linux environment.
1. Open Run Utility as shown in the dialog Box.
2. Type the Telnet Command followed by the server IP address which you want to connect.
3. Login with the User id and password provided to you by the lab staff.
4. To create a file in the Linux environment, use vi editor. Type vi filename.txt.
5. Edit the contents of your file by going into insert mode of the vi editor by Pressing esc and i key.
6. To save the contents of your file press ESC followed by :wq.
7. To view the contents of your file type cat command followed by filename for E.g. Cat filename.txt.
8. If you created a C, C++, JAVA, LEX, YACC file. Follow the instructions given by the Lab faculty on how to compile and execute the Program.
2. MYSQL Workbench
MySQL Workbench is a visual database design tool that integrates SQL development, administration, database design, creation and maintenance into a single integrated development environment for the MySQL database system. MySQL open source software is provided under the GPL License.
MySQL Workbench provides DBAs and developers an integrated tools environment for:
· Database Design & Modeling
· SQL Development
· Database Administration
· Database Migration
How to connect to your Database server and execute and SQL query
1. Open MYSQL Workbench from the start Menu.
2. In the Menu Bar, go to the database, select connect to the database and provide the required credentials as instructed by the lab Faculty.
3. Write the SQL query to be executed in the GUI. Follow the instruction given by the lab Faculty to execute the query and evaluate the results.
ArgoUML is a program that allows users to create complex and professional diagrams. It can be employed for statistical purposes as well as for common business needs. As it utilizes the Java software package, it can be used with any system that is compatible with Java SE. It is an open-source application, so there is no charge for a download.
ArgoUML is essentially a more technical version of more generic diagramming and charting software. It is often employed when details and data are being shared between two or more Java-ready devices. As the name hints, it follows closely with the overall UML standard. This application employs what is known as Java Web Start. In other words, it can be initiated directly from a web browser as opposed to opening a dedicated application. This can save a great deal of time when enacting any changes on the fly.
Interface and Creating a Diagram
· The basic Interface of ArgoUML Looks like this, to create a diagram click on create tab in the file menu and select the diagram you want to create.
· Two Categories of Diagram we can create in ArgoUML i.e. Structural and Behavioral. Structural diagrams include class, object, component and deployment diagrams whereas Behavioral Diagrams include use-case, sequence, collaboration, state chart and Activity Diagrams.
Spim is a self-contained simulator that runs MIPS32 assembly language programs. Spim also provides a simple debugger and minimal set of operating system services. SPIM is a MIPS processor simulator, designed to run assembly language code for this architecture. The program simulates R2000 and R3000 processors.
Interface and Running first Program
· The Basic interface of QTSPIM software is as shown in the image below.
· Open and text editor like Notepad, Sublime text, Notepad++ etc.
· Write your program and save the file as an assembly level code for e.g. (.asm,.s,.a)
· Open QTSPIM software, in the file tab select load the file, select your assembly file and click on execute the program.
· As Instructed by the lab faculty check for the values of registers and evaluate your output of the code.
Verilog, standardized as IEEE 1364, is a hardware description language (HDL) used to model electronic systems. It is most commonly used in the design and verification of digital circuits at the register-transfer level of abstraction. It is also used in the verification of analog circuits and mixed-signal circuits, as well as in the design of genetic circuits.
How to create your first file in Verilog and execute
· Open Verilogger Pro from the start menu.
· Create a new project from the Project tab.
· Open a text editor and write your program. Save your file with (.v) Extension.
· In the Verilogger Pro, under the project tab click on Add files to the project.
· Under the Simulate tab click on the Build.
· If Build is successful without any errors, under the same build tab click on Run. Under the Timing diagram window check your waveforms and evaluate your results.
· The Basic Programming interface of Verilogger Pro is shown in the figure below.
A network simulator enables users to virtually create a network along with its components such as devices, links, and applications etc. to study the behavior and performance of the Network.
How to Connect NetSim
· Run the rlm.exe, click the NetSim icon in the Desktop.
· Enter the Server Address and press the OK button on bellow window.
· It will be verify the user license with server.
After verification of license following environment will be visible to user to create network scenario.
Wireshark is a free and open source packet analyzer. It is used for network troubleshooting, analysis, software and communications protocol development, and education. Originally named Ethereal, the project was renamed Wireshark in May 2006 due to trademark issues.
How to Connect WireShark
Click on desktop icon of Wireshark and the bellow window will be open:-
BlueJ is an integrated development environment (IDE) for the Java programming language, developed mainly for educational purposes, but also suitable for small-scale software development. It runs with the help of JDK (Java Development Kit).
How to Connect BlueJ
Open the BlueJ installed in your machine then you will get the bellow Integrated environment to write and run the java code.